how do i automatically reconnect to my hotspot?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by caligurl, Sep 14, 2015.

1. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

I just ordered a new ipad mini wifi version.... and since yesterday was the last day of my billing cycle I cancelled the data service on my current mini... I figured I have to get used to using my iphones hotspot for the new one anyways...

I ASSUMED that i'd be able to just connect the first time to my hotspot, then just like with any other wifi it would automatically connect when i'm using it.... but noooooooooooooooooooooo

I have to go to settings each and every time! even if it's only 5 mninutes later! how ANNOYING!!!!!

surely there is a way to make it remember and connect automatically?

please help!

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

When it first arrived it worked great, one update later it broke and it's never worked as it should for me at least.

3. caligurl thread starter macrumors 68030

caligurl

ugh.... so i'm going to need to go to settings each.and.every.time I want to use it....

maybe it IS worth the extra $129 for the LTE ipad and extra $120 a year to at&t!

UGH UGH UGH!

here I thought I was doing a good thing saving money!

4. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

If you turn on Bluetooth on both your iPhone and iPad then can use the remote hotspot feature. Then go into wifi settings on your iPad and your iPhone should be listed.