How do I backup a PS2 DVD game?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrat93, Nov 11, 2007.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I recently bought Swap Magic and Magic switch for my PS2 so I can backup all of my games, but I don't know how to copy them. I copy all of the files and drag them on to a blank DVD and burn them at 2x speed. A while (meaning a few months) ago, I successfully copied a disk using Toast Titanium. But since then, I completely forgot how to do it. I am using Toast version 8.0 and only have one DVD drive. In case it matters, I'm on my new alum. iMac so the type of drive won't matter and I only have one drive. I HAVE looked online, but I can only find guides of past versions.

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

It sucks having to bump a thread doesn't it? (I feel your pain) I'm pretty sure you can do this under disk utility. (You'll find it in applications:utilities) Now, I am unsure if the disks you are trying to copy have some sort of lock on them (they just might, sony sucks in that way). But I've never done what you are requesting before, and I may be wrong on disk utility's abilities. Sorry if I am no help.

3. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

Sorry, didn't work. I also asked for instructions on Toast Titanium. Any other help?

4. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93