How do I backup apps purchased from the ipod touch itself?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by robyrt, Jan 3, 2009.

1. robyrt macrumors newbie

I've bought several apps from within the app store on my ipod touch itself...but they don't show up in iTunes and when I try to check for downloads, I get the message that I've already downloaded my purchases and to be sure I back them up.

I did search the forum but I don't know that I'm knowledgeable enough about it to even search intelligently... :confused: Can someone please point me in the right direction?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

When you plug your Touch into your computer iTunes will tell you that you have purchased items on the Touch that aren't on the computer. It will ask if you wish to back them up. Just say "yes".

3. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Sync your touch with your computer and they will be loaded into iTunes.

Cheers.

4. robyrt thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Dorfdad macrumors 6502

As a side note even if its gets lost or you don't have a backup you can re download any app you previously bought. Just click on the app in the store and BUY again, and it will inform you that it is free since you previously bought it.

6. Spiderfan00 macrumors newbie

Okay

On that note, i currently own an itouch 2g. what would happen if I were to get an iPhone? Would the apps just be synced when I connect the iPhone? Or would I have to rebuy all the apps again?
    This will determine wether or not I get an iPhone.

7. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

They will sync. You definitely will not need to buy them again, as Dorfdad previously stated.

8. jon13642 macrumors newbie

????

When I plug my iPod in it does not ask me to put my purchased things on to my computer, what should I do?:confused:

----------

I figured out what to do from my last post, I just had to right click on the iPod icon on the left and click transfer purchases