Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
How do I block the address above from iMessage on my iMac? There is no phone number, only the address.
I only see it on my 19,1 iMac w iMessage. My two other devices do not show receiving it.
Its phishing. The contents reads :

Hello, sorry to bother you via text message. Do you like watching movies? Are you looking for a job?
We need 100 people over the age of 20 to work as movie evaluators. You will only have to work for about 1 hour a day, there is no time limit and you can organize your time as you wish. Before you start, I will give you a free 30-minute training session. At the end of the training, you will be paid between $50 and $200 for the training, and you will be paid at least $200 to $700 per day, easily over $8,000 per month! If you're interested in learning more, please contact me on WhatsApp: +13166009180

I cannot figure out how to block this address in iMessage. Anyone know how to completely block it further?

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
How do I block the address above from iMessage on my iMac? There is no phone number, only the address.
I only see it on my 19,1 iMac w iMessage. My two other devices do not show receiving it.
Its phishing. The contents reads :

Hello, sorry to bother you via text message. Do you like watching movies? Are you looking for a job?
We need 100 people over the age of 20 to work as movie evaluators. You will only have to work for about 1 hour a day, there is no time limit and you can organize your time as you wish. Before you start, I will give you a free 30-minute training session. At the end of the training, you will be paid between $50 and $200 for the training, and you will be paid at least $200 to $700 per day, easily over $8,000 per month! If you're interested in learning more, please contact me on WhatsApp: +13166009180

I cannot figure out how to block this address in iMessage. Anyone know how to completely block it further?
Click on the contact, middle top, then info, then block caller

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
Thank you. I have always clicked on the circled "I" to block, but there was no blocking link in this item. However, I called apple and they told me to go to CONVERSATION iMessage headings. And there it is: Block Conversation. Also I was allowed to Block and Report Phishing. I'm always learning, it never stops.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.