How do I burn an mgp file over multiple dvd's?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by noybb, Apr 26, 2010.

1. noybb macrumors newbie

I am a new Mac user and I have a large mpg video file, greater than 4.7gb. I would like to burn it to multiple dvd's to play on a dvd player. I have searched and searched and searched but can't seem to find anything that will create multiple dvd's or video_ts folders.

I have Roxio Toast 10 but it only seems to span multiple dvd's to play on a mac not on a dvd player.

Any help will really be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

How big is the file? Would it fit on a dual layer dvd?

3. noybb thread starter macrumors newbie

It might, but the dvd player will not play dual layer and the dual layer dvd's are quite expensive in australia.

I think I will end up going back to my PC, I can do it on that so easily, I just really wanted to do it on my new MAC but I guess I can't.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

How long is the actual video in minutes?

Maybe you can use Toast or Burn to burn a single layer DVD with transcoding the .mpg file to a .vob file with the MPEG-2 codec and the VIDEO_TS folder.

Can you give us more details about the .mpg file, like what codec it uses, what suffix it has and how long and big it is? You can either use QuickTime Player and CMD+I for that or Movist and CMD+OPTION+C > Properties to find out.

Are you sure your DVD player does not read DL-DVDs? Almost every commercial video DVD comes on DL-DVDs.