How do I burn my iphone 4 videos?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Ulirn, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Ulirn macrumors newbie

I am a mom, I am so thankful for my fabulous iphone 4 and it's great video recorder, BUT I am now faced with an issue that has left me with hours of video footage of my boys sitting in my iphoto and I don't know how to 1) save them somewhere and share them with people and 2) burn them so I can have them forever!!!
    Please Help me!!!!
    Thanks!!!

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

When you sync your iPhone, they should end up in iPhoto. From there you can put them into iMovie and then on to dvd.

3. Ulirn thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks I tried that but was all confused. I will try it again.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

5. arnop macrumors regular

arnop

Are you using a PC or a Mac ? In that case, iPhoto will copy your videos just fine

6. mstrze macrumors 68000

1) You can upload them to YouTube or Vimeo or other file-sharing services.

2) Burned DVDs are FAR from 'forever'. The DVD, kept in ideal conditions...away from sun, never played, climate controlled, etc...might last 10-15 years. It might only last you 7 or 8. To keep them 'forever', make sure you back up your hard drive frequently. I have files that I have had on 'my computer' since the mid 90s. Just kept transferring the old files to newer computers.

AND a playable DVD (not a data DVD) will not allow you to view the full resolution of your movies. Your phone records at 720 lines of resolution but DVD only displays 480, so you will lose a graet deal of the crispness of your videos in the process.

You can, of course, burn these movie files to a data DVD and play those files back on other computers, but this data disk will not play back on a regular home DVD player. They only play burned DVDs with that standard def, 480 line imagery.