How do I buy an iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zenar154, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Zenar154 macrumors newbie

I just sold my iPad 2 on eBay, now I want the iPad 3, or The New iPad. I have the money on PayPal, but Apple doesn't accept PayPal, I thought whatever I will go to eBay, but eBay has people trying to trick you into buying it for $100 more than it is, the have them for like $580 for the 16gb model just wifi.... What do I do? Best Buy doesn't have them for online purchase and I need this before I go on Vacation :/

2. Rob9874 macrumors 6502

You need the free PayPal debit card. You can use that at Apple. But probably takes a week or two to get.

3. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

Transfer the money from your paypal to your bank and use your bank card at the Apple Store or online.

4. ewo1992 macrumors regular

ewo1992

I think you can get PayPal to send you a check or put the money in your bank account.

5. wirelessness macrumors 6502

Get a PayPal Mastercard Debit card. Works just like a Mastercard but is directly linked to your PayPal funds. Or you can buy a Visa/MC/Amex gift card online somewhere that takes paypal and then use that to purchase. Or Paypal will send you a freaking check for your money .... or... you get the point.

6. Zenar154 thread starter macrumors newbie

I calculated shipping and it will be one day before I leave if I order tomorrow, transferring to bank account take 4 days usually... Any other way?

7. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

This is good idea.

8. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

9. Zenar154 thread starter macrumors newbie

Any other options? Different websites? Please help me out here

10. Zenar154 thread starter macrumors newbie

11. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

Oh, I thought you were saying they were all way more than 580... I misread your original post. sorry, good luck.

12. Zenar154 thread starter macrumors newbie

13. MR1324 macrumors 6502

1. go to apple store, buy with a credit card.
    2. initiate paypal fund transfer to bank account.
    3. enjoy ipad on vacation.
    4. use transferred money in bank account to pay off ipad charge on credit card.

14. mireille macrumors member

this.
    it will take a few extra days, but you can use the paypal funds this way.

15. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Hey that's someone from my town :-X lol. True, it is $500, but add ~8% tax and it's suddenly 540. Not too much of an upcharge.

Anyway, MacMall is selling the iPad, and their site says that they take Paypal. Plus they're offering free overnight shipping. HERE is the link.

16. jacob-07 macrumors regular

like others have said, you can transfer your paypal funds easily.

17. ZipZap macrumors 601

There's some information the OP has likely not revealed. Like, he is underage and does not manage his account directly.

Why dont you get the cash and the go to the grocery and buy a VISA gift card in the amount you need. Take your mom if you need to, unless you are trying to hide the purchase from her....:eek:

18. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

19. poloponies macrumors 68030

That's not a "scam", it's a guy trying to make a profit. He's telling you upfront what you're going to pay if you choose to buy it from him. And only an idiot would want to pay that kind of premium.

20. tranceFusion macrumors member

I get pretty annoyed by flippers who suck up all the available inventory and resell at a gouged price...

However, I don't think people on ebay are currently making much of a profit.. $500 from apple is before tax. Factor in ebay fees and they are actually losing money. There is benefit to peope who want an ipad to ship immediately, as well as buyers from countries who aren't able to purchase an ipad officially.

21. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

And after eBay and PayPal fees, the seller's hardly making a profit at all.

22. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

The transfer to your bank account doesn't take 4 days. Mine usually takes 2 days at the most. Getting a PayPal credit card takes longer. Just transfer your PayPal balance to your account, wait a couple of days then go out and buy a new iPad from whoever has one in stock. I don't see what's so difficult about this. Are you new to PayPal?

23. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I am pretty sure the OP does not have a credit card and possible not even a bank account or he would not be asking this question.

24. thatoneguy82, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012

thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

And even if OP has a bank account, it would take several days before he can transfer it since he would need to confirm/verify it. Unless of course he does online banking and can instantly verify. Also, if the money is from eBay, has it cleared already? Meaning, is it still "pending" or available to use immediately.

The only other thing I can think of is find someone who would be able to purchase the iPad for you who has the funds that is readily available and send them the paypal balance immediately. Other than, I got nothing. This whole thing requires time.