How do I buy apps without having to enter my password each time?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jewishmacfreak, Oct 23, 2008.

1. jewishmacfreak macrumors newbie

Simply put. I know there is a way to do it through iTunes but I have not figured it out yet.

Anyone know?

Thanks a million.

2. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.1 PWNed): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I'd like to know this too. I have to enter it on my Mac from time to time (it seems kind of random, I think) but I have to it EVERY time on my iPhone. Annoying indeed. :)

3. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

Better to have it be annoying then someone getting on the phone and buying the store out on your credit card.

That or just use iTunes on your computer to purchase.

4. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

There is an option for this. When buying I believe an option was there to select.

Go to 'Store" then 'View My Account'

At the bottom, reset all warnings. Then purchase an app and have select the option for it to not ask for a password for purchases.

***WARNING*** This can lead to accidental purchases of paid apps. Imagine d/ling the $1000 app.

5. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Not on the iPhone app.

I've found that sometimes I don't have to enter my password again if I've just a minute ago installed an app. Otherwise I usually have to enter it every time and there are no options.

6. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

The OP stated through iTunes, not App Store, but that is correct, not through the iPhone.