How do I buy new iPhone in case supply is low

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by soxnpats, Sep 15, 2011.

1. soxnpats, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

soxnpats macrumors newbie

Hey guys, this might be a stupid question but I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere else. So I want to get the new iPhone when it comes out, but at the same time, my contract is set to expire on october 1st so I want to be able to get it with a contract and at the same time get hoooked upp by my cell phone provider. I see some people say that they plan on lining up early to get the iphone but I dont know how I'd be able to do that unless I plan on buying it outright. I know you can sign up for contracts at the apple store but since I just hope on renewing my contract and getting the included perks, what do you guys think I should do? Thanks!

----------

oh and sorry for the misleading title, just realized that it seems like I'm giving advice not asking for it! Don't know how to change the title though.:(

2. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

you get it by being first in line come release day :)

btw you change the title with the edit button and then Go Advanced.

3. soxnpats thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks! lol I mean i'm considering being first in line, but isn't that only for people that plan on buying it outright for 650 or whatever the price may be?

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If you have carrier specific questions/issues, then you should buy the phone from your carrier to save yourself any hassles.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

With the iPhone 5 standing in line will probably be the only way to get it regardless of what you pay.

This thing is gonna be a huge hit in high demand all over the world.

6. soxnpats thread starter macrumors newbie

7. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

1. Wait for it to be announced. Until that happens, there's no phone to worry about.
    2. When they announce it, they'll tell the world how to get one in their hands.
    3. Listen very carefully to what they say in #2.
    4. There will be a week or so delay between the announcement and when they're available for pre-order or sale. Use this week to find out all your options.

8. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I'd say this is the best approach at the current point in time. No point worrying about something that doesn't even officially exist yet. All that worry isn't good for your health.

9. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

People in line can get it with a contract. Why do think it's only for the full price?:confused:

10. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Why are you willing to be ripped off under a contract when simply paying for it outright is cheaper.

11. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

It's only cheaper to buy it outright if you don't plan to use it as a phone. Cell service costs the same with or without a contract.

Of course, there's always jailbreak it, change carriers, and get a cheaper plan that you normally would, but it's still unknown if that will even be possible with the iPhone 5 and who wants to be stuck using EDGE speeds for data.

12. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Well yes. Not everyone is lucky enough to happen to live in Europe where cell operators are real operators as opposed to rip off artists.

13. tomtom101 macrumors regular

Its actually cheaper where i am to go on pay as you go... Can get free unlimited data and unlimited texts, for €20 a month... Plus I leave the country alot and I dont want a suprise with my bill every month!!!

14. soxnpats thread starter macrumors newbie

See, I live in Canada, probably the crappiest consumer environment for cell phone users so I honestly don't have any better options. :(

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

16. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

People tend to camp out for these things, but any person with a life(joking people) has to usually wait or put in enough work to go through the pre-ordering process. If we do get the option to pre-order online, you better believe I'm staying up :cool:

17. wtmk81 macrumors member

Apple Store in Canada can process upgrades for all 4 carriers. Rogers, Telus, Bell and Fido. Just get in line and wait. That's what I plan on doing

18. soxnpats thread starter macrumors newbie

See this is what I was curious about, I know they do that and I think they do virgin mobile too, anyways since my contract is ending I want to be able to get certain perks that people renewing their contracts get and idk if I could do that at the apple store, which is why I think the pre-order process seems like my best route! :)

19. Ivabign macrumors 6502

Ivabign

How is it cheaper paying 650 w/o a contract than paying 199 and ten bucks a month for 20 months? ( I realize that is adding a new line, but it is not a bad idea.... Still the monthly service and data is the same contract or not)