How do I cancel AT&T preorder?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StoutFiles, Sep 16, 2014.

1. StoutFiles macrumors member

At this point I'd prefer to just go to an AT&T store and grab a phone on launch day. Sure, there won't be many, but if I get there early enough I'll get one. I'll also be able to trade/sell my old iPhone without any hassle, given that the longer I have to wait the more the value of my old phone drops.

The problem is I have this pesky preorder and I'd cancel it now, but knowing AT&T, things could change right before Friday. Is calling the only way? I don't understand why the people in the AT&T store can't cancel my preorder for me, but that's what I'm hearing.

2. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Is this for the 6+? Have you considered that your local AT&T store may not be getting any 6+ model at all?

3. luminouslight macrumors 6502

luminouslight

I would also like to know the answer to this.. I ordered a phone from AT&T and it says it won't ship til Oct. 22. I don't know why you can't just cancel it online..

4. Steve686, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014

Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Try online chat with an ATT agent. Should be no problem.

EDIT: Before you do try and cancel, consider the fact you may be very disappointed if you are trying to "swing by" and pick up a 6+ on launch day.