Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
I don't use Apple Music, fitness etc so I canceled the plan for $32 a month which included 2TB iCloud plus. It says it will expire Nov 22. I go manage account storage settings on my phone and it shows I have the 2TB Icloud+ that's part of my apple one plan. I don't want my storage to drop to 5GB and loose all my backups on Nov 22 but I see nothing I can change here but to upgrade to 6TB etc. I just want the 2 TB $10 a month plan. How do I avoid interruption and make sure it sticks to the 9.99 2TB plan?

Thanks

Reactions: JRoDDz

Fantasigraphic

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
TN
I don't use Apple Music, fitness etc so I canceled the plan for $32 a month which included 2TB iCloud plus. It says it will expire Nov 22. I go manage account storage settings on my phone and it shows I have the 2TB Icloud+ that's part of my apple one plan. I don't want my storage to drop to 5GB and loose all my backups on Nov 22 but I see nothing I can change here but to upgrade to 6TB etc. I just want the 2 TB $10 a month plan. How do I avoid interruption and make sure it sticks to the 9.99 2TB plan?

Thanks
Go into Settings and at very top go into your iCloud account, then iCloud>Manage Account Storage. Then click the Change Storage Plan. Chose the plan you want..

**EDIT**

I have Apple One so that’s what shows for me… clearly it’s different if you don’t have Apple One

richard371

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Go into Settings and at very top go into your iCloud account, then iCloud>Manage Account Storage. Then click the Change Storage Plan. Chose the plan you want..

**EDIT**

I have Apple One so that’s what shows for me… clearly it’s different if you don’t have Apple One
it just allows me to move from 2TB to 6 or 12.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
I didn’t change my Apple one plan I canceled it so what will happen to the plan below on nov 22?
IMG_0236.png

richard371

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Thanks, I canceled earlier today and it said I can use everything until Nov 22. You are saying after its truly canceled Nov 22 ,I have 30 days to choose an iCloud+ storage plan?

ctjack

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2020
Thanks, I canceled earlier today and it said I can use everything until Nov 22. You are saying after its truly canceled Nov 22 ,I have 30 days to choose an iCloud+ storage plan?
According to article, you should have had option to select individual services like icloud 2TB.

According to other people from reddit, they were able to purchase icloud storage separately and get charged 10 bucks making the total storage for the last month to be 4TB.

If i were you, i would pursue 2 options:
1) Try to dig into settings more and find out how to purchase icloud separately. Sorry can't help here cause can't replicate the issue(no Apple one fan), but internet is scarce on this info. If successfully confirmed that you already have 2TB of icloud+ that kicks in after Nov 22 or after confirming you have 4TB because of added 2TB Icloud+ you could feel relieved.
2) If 1 didn't work, then i would actively prepay 10 bucks to friend/wife/fiancee to be added to family sharing of someone's 2TB icloud+. This gives you an option to figure yourself out and extra 1 month for 10 bucks when you hang on to smn else' 2TB.
3) I would not let it sit until Nov 22nd without actively doing 1 or 2, because you might lose data with all these vague cancellation options. Apple made it intentionally unclear so people would just stick to Apple one cause of fear of change.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Hmm for me, it lets me choose the 2TB iCloud storage option if I try to cancel Apple One under settings, Apple ID, subscriptions, Apple one, choose individual services:
IMG_0053.png

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
I did the same thing. First you cancel Apple One, then on the day it cancels you’ll get an email saying your iCloud storage is over the limit. Simply go into iCloud at that point and upgrade to the 2Tb plan. You don’t lose anything.

Dade Murphy

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2023
This is why it’s foolish to put everything in a cloud you don’t own.

If you can afford it, I highly suggest you look into a lifetime license with one of the more reputable cloud services. Use iCloud for your device backup and app settings, put everything else on in a private server.

Oooor, if you’re tech savvy, you can just host your own. 😁

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.