How do i capture video???

Discussion in 'iMac' started by snertdog1, Mar 20, 2009.

1. snertdog1 macrumors newbie

Hey i have an intel imac with a built in camera but i don't have imovie how can i capture video with it so i can edit it on Final Cut?

2. NRose8989 macrumors 6502a

Um...... what type of camera do you have?

What version of final cut are your using?

if you have a DV or HDV camcorder then your need to connect it via FireWire and in final cut select File -----> Capture.

if you have a AVCHD based camcorder then you connect your camcorder via USB and in final cut select File -----> Log and Transfer.

if you have a DVD based camcorder..........good luck with that, as far as I know, Apple doesn't support DVD based camcorders. Though there is a third party work around, I'm not sure how to do it. if this is the case then you should visit the "Digital Video" section of this forum to find a answer.

EDIT: I miss interpreted your post. So you want to record video using your iSight then edit it in final cut?

if that's the case then I'm pretty sure you can just use photo booth to record the video, but in Final Cut I'm pretty sure your going to run into problems because of sequence settings and such.