How do I change my app icons back to default pictures

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sparks.b, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Sparks.b macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 4 ios 5, I was using Iconmaker and changed a couple of my app icons, I went to change my mail icon and it did not change instead it became blurry, I was wondering how can I change my icons back to the default ones? Or if someone could just give me the icon.png links for the original mail app icon and the safari one that would work too.

2. 0m3ga macrumors 6502

does iconmaker overwrite the original png files? or is it a winterboard type application? if it is the later, just delete the app. if it overwrites the original image file, you will have to go back and replace each one yourself. remember, you need the proper pixel sized images and ensure the permissions are correct for that file. needs to match the other files in that folder.

3. Sparks.b thread starter macrumors newbie

Iconmaker sends you to ifile an there you copy the icon.png link and go into applications to mobilemail.app and delete the default icons and paste the new icon link. I did this for safari and the music icon and both turned out fine it's just my mail didn't and instead it came out blurry and I can't change it back.

4. Sparks.b thread starter macrumors newbie