How do i change print quality? draft/better

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by alainr, Mar 4, 2009.

1. alainr macrumors regular

How do i change print quality on my iMac?
    i am using word and when i want to print, the presets are: standard, last used settings or draft. I have an HP and when i used windows, i cld pick the quality of the print and set paper--ie photo, etc.
    I tried going to Apple preferences and to the printer, but did not find anything.

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

OK, I may be off base here but I wonder if you are using the condensed print dialogs which only offer a subset of the print options-- that is, the left hand version in the pic below. Of course your initial one will look different as the print dialogs/options are supplied by the particular printer manufacturer (so your HP dialog will look different from the Epson one here).

Clicking the unmarked button indicated in the red circle below will cause the print dialog to expand to a fully featured dialog something like the one at the right where far more choices are available- like paper types, etc, so that is why I am wondering if yours has ever been expanded using the button.

The application itself really has little to do with the contents/choices within the printer dialog box, so maybe this will help.

Attached Files:

3. alainr thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for your help. as a result of your comment, i recheckedmy options. there is one called "copiesand pages" which i never noticed and it does have choices for print quality.