How do I change the background image of the header in iWeb?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Spanky Deluxe, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I know iWeb is a bit below the Web Design and Development forum usually but I figured someone here might know anyway.

I'm trying to create a site for someone and I want to keep it simple (i.e. no dreamweaver stuff) and iWeb seems like the perfect platform to create something that looks clean, nice, a bit of flashy gizmo style and easy to edit. I'm not getting anything for this so I can't really afford to do a full web-design from scratch.

I'm using the 'watercolor' template in iWeb but I want the whole page to have the same background watercolor paper colour. However, I can't seem to work out how to change the coloured images from the headers into what I want. I've already extracted the background jpegs from the template to drag and drop easily so the rest of my page looks fine, its only the headers that are causing me grief.

Any ideas?

2. whiteclw macrumors newbie

iWeb Header

I have the same question as you and was wondering if you'd found a way to make the change to the header in iWeb.

Thanks

3. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    Ditto here - I'm actually using the Watercolor template on my pottery and ceramics Web site. It took me about an hour to get the entire site designed, I tweaked it a bit here and there after it went live, but changing the header colors never seemed possible.