Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M Powered

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2008
Sorry, newb question. How do I change the background of the main streen? The background only appears in the unlock screen, once unlocked, it goes to the main screen with a black background :(

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
Sorry, newb question. How do I change the background of the main streen? The background only appears in the unlock screen, once unlocked, it goes to the main screen with a black background :(

If you could do that then it would be hard for you to read the text and/or see the icons... Therefor Apple will not allow you to do this.

Excellerator

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2008

You jailbreak your phone and I believe the program is called Winterboard. I haven't done it myself, but noticed other posters mentioning it.

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
Doesn't Jailbreaking void warranty? Anything adverse about it?

I guess in theory it would, but if you just do a restore on the phone before you take it in to apple for whatever reason then there is no way they would know.

It could cause your phone to become (more?) unstable.

I dont think it is worth it.

b00st3d

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2008
New Orleans
winterboard!

IMG_0001.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.