How do I change the boot icon of my iTouch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by iPhone3GHunt, Sep 7, 2008.

1. iPhone3GHunt macrumors member

I've jailbroken my iTouch with pwnage tool and I really don't like the pineapple is there anyway with ssh to change it back into the apple icon?

2. Tejen Naidoo macrumors member

If u used pwnage then doesn't it giv u an option 2 select custom boot image? Try creating ur own boot image n selecting it wen asked 4 boot image

3. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

Tejen Naidoo - that would involve re-storing the device again which I think the user does not want to do.

at present the only firmware that seems to let you change the boot image after pwnage is 1.1.4 but even then you would need a windows computer to do it

4. steebu macrumors member

There's an iClarified tutorial that shows you how to do it. Basically you have to do the "Expert mode" jailbreak and create a new custom firmware. There's a screen that lets you set a different boot image, with the pineapple as default. I hated the pineapple so I just unclicked that option and it allowed me to keep the default Apple logo.

Good luck

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

this again requires iPhone3GHunt to re-jailbreak their device which if your already jailbroken is a pain