How do I change the country for ITUNES ?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by noobrex, Jun 2, 2011.

1. noobrex macrumors member

I want to change the ITUNES store current country settings to US as they have lots of stuff that I want but I am not able to do so can someone please guide me as to how can I do that in details.

Also I did go through some of the threads but its seems from that I would not be able to do that on my current account.

The only solution it seems is to buy an itunes gift card and then redeem it. However for that also i read that we would need a US address and credit card.

Would request the help of all the forums members who could please enlighten me as to how to I go about doing it.

Thanks in advance

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Log out and then go to the store and at the bottom there should be a country jump menu.

3. noobrex thread starter macrumors member

We can change the country from that menu but if cant buy from using the Id of UK in the US Store.

It gives a message " This Apple ID is only valid for purchases in the UK iTunes Store."

Please help !

4. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

You have to create an account in the other country, with a credit card or payment method that works in that country (iTunes gift card), and have an address also.

5. noobrex thread starter macrumors member

Well i have a credit card but its not a USA card will that work ?

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You need either: a credit card with a US billing address or a US iTunes gift card.

7. noobrex thread starter macrumors member

I read that iTunes card can be purchased online and they will send the code in an e-mail. Please suggest if that's okay and also can you suggest some trusted websites where I can purchase the card from online.

Also, I had read somewhere in the forums that even after purchasing the Itunes card even then we would need a US Address and the US Credit card not sure if thats right.

Thanks for your response and would appreciate if you could help me get this issue resolved.

8. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Google iTunes account without credit card and you will find how to set up the account without the credit card, there are ways to do this for parents creating accounts fortheir kids so they can buy Apps and stuff from apple without giving them a credit card.
    Also you can call your bank and ask them about what you are trying to do and they can allow you to add a US address to your credit card account so you can make purchases online. Some banks also issue eCards that are designed specifically to make online purchases.
    I am not sure if paypal is accepted by the iTunes store?

9. Hansr macrumors 6502a

10. noobrex thread starter macrumors member

will i need a US address and a US credit card to use the US Itunes card ?

11. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Address yes, credit card no.

12. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Of course you could just use a random address you find on the Internet...