How do I change the description of my HD icon?

tom1971

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Hello from a recent switcher (my iMac is 2 weeks old) and I love it. Why didn't i switch much earlier?! :confused:

Sorry if this sounds stupid or was answered already (I did not find it here) - I would like to change the info/ description below my HD icon.
I cannot see how much free space is available. I would either like to change the font size (if possible) or just display the amount of free space.

Thanks for your help,

Tom

Attachments

ebel3003

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2007
"The Google"
Hello from a recent switcher (my iMac is 2 weeks old) and I love it. Why didn't i switch much earlier?! :confused:

Sorry if this sounds stupid or was answered already (I did not find it here) - I would like to change the info/ description below my HD icon.
I cannot see how much free space is available. I would either like to change the font size (if possible) or just display the amount of free space.

Thanks for your help,

Tom
Right click on your desktop, click Show View Options. From there you can change the size of the font for your icons.

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
Not to be captain obvious here - but in that window mentioned by the above poster, check "show item info" to show the amount of HD size available.