How do I change the partition to boot on??!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by RealSkyDiver, Jul 24, 2011.

1. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

So the installation of Win7 on my 2011 Air via external drive didn't go well since the screen just stays black and now I wanna create a bootable usb-key but for that I have to boot it from the OSX partition again. How am I doing that? When I boot the MBA it tries to boot from the Windows partition without an OS on it so the screen just stays black :confused:

2. simsaladimbamba

Hold down the OPTION key right after pressing the power button.
    And I doubt, you can create a bootable installer for Windows on a USB flash memory thumb drive that easily, there is some hacking involved.

3. RealSkyDiver thread starter macrumors 6502

What do u mean? Then why does bootcamp give you the option to create a bootable usb for windows?

4. simsaladimbamba

Uih, didn't know that. Maybe it is a new function, as it wasn't there before, and I haven't kept eyes on Windows for a long time and seem to have spouted some out of relevance nonsense. Maybe balamw can shed some more informed light than me on it.

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Yes it does. If it is Lion and BootCamp 4.0, which is what the new MBAs come with. I have no idea how previous versions of Mac OS did this.