How do I change the size of a print screen after + Shift + 3?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by key-lime, Oct 29, 2011.

1. key-lime macrumors newbie

I learned how to print screen yesterday, ⌘ + Shift + 3 and ⌘ + Shift + 4, and I remember seeing it give me a few size options, but now I don't know where they are or how to change the size of my print screen(s)? Is this done after they are on my desktop or before?

Any specific help is appreciated.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. key-lime thread starter macrumors newbie

Where is Preview?

Is this done when the print screen is on the desktop or when I am actually print screening?

Sorry for the questions.

4. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

You don't change the size while you capture. You change it after. Basically you capture the screen to JPG, double click the file, Preview will launch, then resize it to any size you want.

5. key-lime thread starter macrumors newbie

Once I have double clicked it and it is in preview mode, where exactly do I go to change/adjust the size? I have it opened, right clicked, but I don't see the place to do this at.

I am trying to put these in an email. Based on the size they are now, when I paste them over to an email, they are tiny.

Thanks!

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can change the size if you are using Mac Mail right from the compose screen.. there's an option in the lower right corner of the window.

Otherwise, go to Tools > Adjust Size in Preview once the image is opened.

7. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Double-click the file, go to Tool/Adjust Size on the menu.

8. iliramove macrumors newbie

Or you simply choose the region that you want to screenshot by pressing Control + Command + Shift + 4. You'll get a + cursor and you can click and drag the area you want to take a screenshot of. Plus, it's in the clipboard.

9. strnge macrumors newbie

Worked perfectly.....I only printed the area I wanted instead of the entire screen.

Thanks so much!!!