Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asskick3r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
"Somewhere ... In las vegas"
Well I want to change where it says the time/date. Right under the status bar. How do I do it?
85059_ipodtouch1.JPG

PMB

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2007
New York
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

the translucent black back behind the time?

sare4real

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
How Do I Clear Transfering Music Sign On My Ipod Touch

Pls, i want to clear transfering music sign that has been on my Ipod touch screen, unabling me to access anything on the screen

icecold0913

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2008
NOLA
ummmmm... to my knowledge you can't "change" either bar, only the wallpaper.

But your lack of proper communication skills makes it very difficult to understand what exactly you're trying to achieve...

icecold0913

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2008
NOLA
Pls, i want to clear transfering music sign that has been on my Ipod touch screen, unabling me to access anything on the screen

It sounds like you haven't plugged your Touch into your computer for the first time- you need to sync it with iTunes before you can use it.

PMB

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2007
New York
to my knowledge that cannot be changed, but dig around via SSH and see if you can get somewhere

sandman42

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
Seattle

Ok, we get what you're trying to change, but I don't think any of us understands what you're trying to do to it. How do you want to 'change' it? Make it go away? Display different data? Different color? Bigger? Smaller? Move it to a different part of the screen? It sounds like you understand that Apple didn't build anything into the system to allow you to change it, but undoubtedly it can be hacked.

scorpio333

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2008
Sorry to reraise this headache, but I'm searching for a similar solution. I'd like to make the 'bifocal' looking background behind the date and time transparent or invisible. I've used Cutomize to get the bottom bar transparent and would like that top bar to match. Is it even called 'top bar'??? I'd do better searching if I knew wtf I was searching for :D

It can be done, look at post #3 here:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/368521/

Still on 1.1.4 using Customize 2.0

MrGiggles058

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Ipod Touch Help

Ok so I have an Ipod touch and I had it on the lock screen with the passcode one night when I went to bed when I woke up the following morning it says "Ipod is disabled for 4500674 minutes" now I am not waiting 8 1/2 years before my ipod works can anyone tell me how I can go about fixing it???????? Plz Help

asskick3r

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
"Somewhere ... In las vegas"
No, I didn't get it working yet. I tried about six times and got nowhere. I then went back and read about 70 frickin pages of stuff. I found out 1.1.4 is a bit more tricky as I stumbled onto this:
http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41414&tweaking+customize

Hopefully I'll get some time Wednesday to try that out. If I do figure something out, I'll post how to do it.

That looks very confusing... but it is worth a shot.

For some reason... the servers are always down on customize 2.0 for me.
I am right next to my router... but it still says... "Cannot connect to server" for various reasons.

scorpio333

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2008
My eyes are gonna bleed, I don't think I read this much during all my years in college. This thread is 121 pages on how to tweak Customize. If you follow the very first post as strict as possible it does work. I had a few mishaps along the way and finally got it sorted out.

1. I had to uninstall any and all versions of Customize.
2. You MUST have the media folder mentioned in the directions, seems tiny but it's a must.
3. The symlinks, do yourself a BIG favor and check this, if it's not right fix it before continuing. This is how I SSH into the ipod using Terminal on 10.5.
a. Launch Terminal.
b. enter: SSH root@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx your ipod IP address.
c. enter: yes (if this your first time)
d. enter: alpine (password)
e. enter: cd /var/root
f. enter: ls -la
You should see these two lines:
/private/var/mobile/Library
/private/var/mobile/Media

So I got that far...now it's time to figure out how to use this version to get new sliders, clear clock bg, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.