How do I change Wi-Fi passwords?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Shivetya, May 11, 2011.

1. Shivetya macrumors 65816

We roll passwords on our network at work. The problem is when I come in Monday the password has changed and the iPad will NOT prompt me for it. Instead I end up disabled on the wireless. Apparently iPhones do it too.

Is there a way to get to my Wi Fi passwords on my iPad?

2. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

3. Shivetya thread starter macrumors 65816

Are you talking about resetting all my network connections?

We have two Wi Fi networks at work. One is public for guest, the other is private. To even see the private network required a .mobile config file.

This whole spamming the failed password over and over and not asking for the correct one is just pure idiocy on Apple's part. Currently the way things are going iOs devices may soon be banned from our network because of that problem.

4. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

Settings -> Wifi -> Select the blue arrow next to the network that requires the new password -> Forget this Network

Go back to Wi-Fi and when the network appears, select it and add the new password.

5. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

^

6. Shivetya thread starter macrumors 65816

Guess what.

I can't forget the network unless wi fi is enabled and by then I am locked out.

Amazing lack of oversight on Apple's part.

7. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

8. leesweet macrumors demi-god

leesweet

He means WiFi will try the bad password until it locks your network (domain) login. It should try once, fail, and pop up the login credentials box.

When our users change their network login periodically, they need to 'forget' the WiFi net before they change it.

9. ChristianJapan macrumors 68040

ChristianJapan

Try to forget the WiFi you don't want when not in reach ... then it will not connect and you can switch on WiFi and forget what you want ...

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

As far as I know, there's no way to forget a WiFi network unless it is in range. If you know a way to do this, I'd love to know how!

11. ChristianJapan macrumors 68040

ChristianJapan

Opps, actually you are right ... :eek: I thought I saw it in the past but for sure not now. (Maybe I mixed it up with BT devices ... something I could "forget" while inactive) :confused: