How Do I Check to Know Which Apps I've Already Purchased?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by HappyDude20, May 25, 2011.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Under Apps in iTunes I have over 230+ apps.

I'm interested in downloading new web browsers for my iPad and am heavily interested in Atomic & iCab. I know i've purchased iCab in the past and currently have it in iTunes...but i'm not too sure about Atomic.

I know i've used Atomic before, but its currently not in my Apps section under iTunes. I may have purchased it for the iPad in the past, but could have been removed when I reinstalled Snow Leopard on my MBP.

I just want to know if there is a place I can look up all my iTunes App purchases so I don't click to download an app in iTunes that costs money, thinking I already purchased it in the past, to in actuality be purchasing it for the first time.

A prime example includes wanting to download a Thomas the Tank Engine app I thought I already purchased. Truth was, I purchased another Thomas the Tank Engine story book that was part of a series, and hence was charge with downloading another app.

It's these kinds of mistakes I'd like to avoid.

2. HardLuckStories macrumors regular

iTunes>My Account> Purchase History

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Just go to the App Store from your iPad, if its an App that you have already downloaded before but is currently not on your iPad, it will show an INSTALL button instead of Free or a dollar value.

[​IMG]

4. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

..Beautiful. Thank you.

5. Meanee macrumors 6502a

Kind of similar question... In Android, when you go to Market, there's a section that shows all of your app purchases. So after getting new phone/flashing/etc, you can simply download them all from one place, instead of trying to remember app names. Wonder if there's something similar for iPad. I know I bought few apps for my old iTouch, but don't remember their names.

6. mwjd299 macrumors regular

I accidentally deleted an app and went to re-install from iPad app store. The box said install and I did, but it gave me the free version. I had made an in-app purchase for the full program. The purchased app is on my purchase history. The Apple article says to buy the app again and it will tell me I had already purchased the app. Does this hold true for in-app purchases? I would not like to buy it again.

7. saberahul macrumors 68040

If only they would debut this feature on the iPhone already...

8. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Simple.
    On any app you're not sure about simply click on the rate/review. If you've purchased it, iTunes will allow you to rate and write a review. If not, it'll tell you in red, "you must purchase this app before writing a review".

9. madamocta macrumors newbie

Also you can try adding it to your wish list. If you already purchased it, you'll get a pop-up window saying so.

10. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

In-app is tricky. But Apple will refund you if it accidentally charges.

11. mwjd299 macrumors regular

I sent a message to Apple support and the reply I received pointed me to a support article about in-app purchases: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4009

I went through the steps and it downloaded the upgrade for free, so all is well. :)

12. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Unless you run into the bug that won't allow you to review an app you most definitely own.