How do I checkout a previous svn version in xcode 4

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by DonRobb, Oct 19, 2011.

1. DonRobb macrumors newbie

I have local svn repository. I created it with the svn command line tools and then attached to it using xcode 4. I checked out my project to a folder. I used this working copy and comitted several versions. Everything is working good in terms of being able to see changes between versions and so forth. I would now like to checkout an old version as it was on one of the days I commited it. Can someone please tell me how? You guidence is very appreciated.

2. szymczyk macrumors regular

3. DonRobb thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I think from what I understand about the post. the reverse merge thing will change my working copy. What if I don't want to modify my working copy which I think is what reverting will do. I really just want to pull out a snapshot of the code as it was to a directory that is not the working copy. Can you descrbe how I can achieve that? When you use svn in Windows you can checkout any version and place it anywhere you want which is really what I would like. Is there a command line that can achieve that?

4. szymczyk macrumors regular

Use the svn checkout command to check out the code from the repository.

One of the answers to the Stack Overflow question I linked to in my previous response contains a link to an online Subversion book. That book is the best resource for information on Subversion commands and using Subversion from the command line.