How do i clean the screen squeaky clean?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HelloMotto, Jan 5, 2009.

1. HelloMotto macrumors newbie

I've tried cleaning with the microfiber that was provided with the ipod. But it dosent fully clean the screen. Like If i put my ipod at an angle, I can still see the streaks made by the microfiber. How do i clean those?

2. LachRich macrumors newbie

LachRich

Spit on it! haha just joshin. A little dab of rubbing alcahol or even windex on a paper tissue should do the trick. Works for me!

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

dampen the microfibre cloth with a tiny bit of water, and i mean tiny, like spray it, and then rub it on, and then polish it.

4. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

i used to clean my screen. :eek:

then, within 30 seconds it looked like crap again. so now i never bother :p

5. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

I think the thing to remember with the touch is that it is a touch screen iPod, so if you touch something, it will get dirty.

The best thing to do is to chill out, don't worry about getting it dirty, wipe it clean with the cloth and then start getting it dirty all over again.

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

If you really want it clean all the time, get iKlear. Their spray works wonders, it lasts a long time as well, just two sprays onto the microfiber cloth they include and the screen is spotless after cleaning. I've also used it on monitors (both matte and glossy) and it works great on them as well.

7. n8236 macrumors 65816

You have to be careful with what compounds you clean your screen with. Chemicals like rubbing alcohol and other unapproved products can simply ruin your screen in unpredictable ways.

Rubbing alcohol gets stains out, but in the same token extra dries your screen which can lead to cracks and such. Glass cleaners are simply glass cleaners, not screen cleaners. You wouldn't use dish washing detergent to take a shower or your car (not under a normal basis).

Water and other approved screen cleaners is what you should be using. Water itself won't remove most stains, so you are allowed to use a bit of rubbing alcohol to dilute it with.

8. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Here is a quote from the iKlear website:

"As always, the iKlear formula by Klear Screen is 100% Alcohol and Ammonia free, non-toxic, non-damaging, and non-flammable. Our Micro-Chamois and Micro-Fiber cloths are ultra-soft and will not scratch the delicate surfaces of your displays.

ANTI-STATIC, ALCOHOL & AMMONIA FREE"

9. nathandublya macrumors newbie

I have a screen protector on my 2G ipod touch and use lens cleaner from my glasses to clean that every now and then. I have had no adverse effects from using this at all.

10. kraven macrumors newbie

I have Klear Screen that was for my Dell glossy screen laptop. Do you know if that will also work on the Macbook Pro Glossy? If you go to the klear screen site, they have one for cleaners for the Dell and for the Mac. I wonder if it's the same ingredients, just different packaging. Anyone know?

11. n8236 macrumors 65816

Well, is the Dell machine a plastic lcd or glass? That could be the difference.

12. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

I never thought I'd advocate for a 20 dollar screen cleaner, but get iKlear. This thing is crazy good. I just cleaned my MBP screen with it this morning and I don't think it's been like this since I first opened it.

13. Xavier macrumors 68020

Thats the only nice thing abut having mildly dry hands. My iPod doesn't get too dirty too quickly.

I just use some water and a cloth.

14. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I've used newspaper and a little cleaner. Gently rub and that gets it done for me. By the way, also great for car windows. No streaks.

15. bbrosen macrumors newbie