How do i clean this stain on my iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Francis Escueta, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Francis Escueta macrumors newbie

Hi i got the iPhone 5S yesterday and i noticed this stain on the side of the phone right above the mute and volume buttons

[​IMG]

It actually looks more darker in person. Its a brown color and its really driving me nuts, i know its a small issue but i need help and tips on how to remove it.

2. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Sir, could you please take a picture with a better potato so we can see what you're talking about?

3. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

That is part of the antenna, it isn't something that can be cleaned off.

4. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

The antenna is not plastic.. So it is, in fact, not part of the antenna. To me, it looks like excess glue which is damn-near impossible to remove. Try some odorless mineral spirits (aka white spirits or stoddard solvent) if you have some. Or exchange the phone...

5. Francis Escueta thread starter macrumors newbie

It was glue, im trying to remove it right now with some extra whitening toothpaste and a tooth brush and its actually doing the job.

6. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

Sorry, I hadn't really seen the 5S that much and assumed the little white spot was just a shine in the metal.

7. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

It's the same on the 5...