How do I combine PDFs with preview to save paper?

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 29, 2005
I was hoping one of you guys could help me out with this little problem. I have pdf lecture notes by my proffesor that take up only 1/3rd of each pdf page. Is there a way to combine them so that I can display the notes continously so that I can put 3 lecture pdf pages on one page when I print them out?

relimw

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2004
SC
When you go to print, select the Layout menu, you can pick 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, or 16 pages per sheet of paper.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
relimw said:
When you go to print, select the Layout menu, you can pick 1, 2, 4, 6, 9, or 16 pages per sheet of paper.
I don't think that's what he's talking about. He's talking about combining pages that are already only a third full. Doing what you suggested will still leave a lot of blank space on each page, and will probably make what is there really hard to read because it will be so small.

Unfortunatley, I don't know a way to do what the OP is asking, but of course that doesn't mean there isn't one.

timswim78

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2006
Baltimore, MD
WillMak said:
I was hoping one of you guys could help me out with this little problem. I have pdf lecture notes by my proffesor that take up only 1/3rd of each pdf page. Is there a way to combine them so that I can display the notes continously so that I can put 3 lecture pdf pages on one page when I print them out?
What software do you have?

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
WillMak said:
Easiest thing to do would be to crop the document down to a third of a page using Preview's Crop feature, then print 3 pages per page using the Print options. I think.