How Do I Connect My iPhone to iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Whatevs.B, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Whatevs.B macrumors newbie

I bought a refurbished iPhone 3gs and now I am trying to activate it. Unfortunately, my iTunes 10.4 will not detect my iPhone in order to start the activation process. I've called AT&T and they're no help....at all. If you have any tips or ideas I would definitely appreciate it.
    Thanks!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. Whatevs.B thread starter macrumors newbie

My phone won't even go into DFU mode. I tried multiple times and it just takes me to the screen showing the usb cable directed at the iTunes symbol.

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

After that, hook it up to the computer and restore.

5. Whatevs.B thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried hooking it up one last time and... it almost worked. Once I had the phone in DFU mode iTunes recognized the connection, but a window popped up saying "The iPhone software update server could not be contacted."

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Have you tried a different computer?

7. Whatevs.B thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

My iPhone's now working because I used my brother's laptop to activate my phone. Now the only issue is I need to connect it to my iTunes on my xp in order to get the songs from that library onto my phone. It didn't work in DFU mode... I just waited 45 minutes for it to tell me it couldn't make the update for the iPhone.