How do I connect my ipod touch via wi-fi to my modem-connected-computer ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ikar, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Ikar macrumors newbie

Hello! I've got a pc that's got a modem connection to the net. Is there any way to share that connection with my ipod via a wi-fi adapter, or something like that? I don't think my pc can be used as a router, as the macs can, so do you have any ideas how I might do it?
    Oh, and, since we're on a mac forum, I suppose many people will want to tell me : just buy a mac, but I'm keeping my pc;)
    Thanks!

2. redking31591 macrumors 6502

the only way would be to somehow rebroadcast your ethernet connection back out over you computers wifi card. there might be a program on the net to do this I've never tried. If that won't work your only other option would be to buy a wifi router at the store and hook it up.

btw: do you mean modem as in dial-up. If you do you can give up now. It would be a waste of you time to rebroadcast a dial up signal and I actually don't think it can be done.

3. billkaras macrumors newbie

Use the Win XP built in "Internet Connection Sharing"

Cheapest quickest solution is to add a wifi router between your modem and your computers.

Or

Add a wifi card for your computer and use Win XP Internet Connection Sharing.