How do I control my iPod Touch on OS X through USB? (VNC)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CamCracker, Aug 31, 2011.

1. CamCracker macrumors newbie

I would reeeaaally like to know how to control my iTouch on my Macbook on OS X Lion through a USB connection, not through Wifi.

I don't want to have to touch my iPod Touch's screen, I would like to click apps on my mac and use them that way.

I am not trying to play games on the Mac. All I want to do it use the iOS's unique photo editing apps on my Mac.

I have a jailbroken iPod Touch 3G on iOS 4. Veency is installed and so is screensplitr if I need that.

Like I said, I prefer to use USB connection over Wifi. What do I have to do to control my iPod Touch on my mac through USB connection.

I've been wanting to do this for sooo long but can't find a way to do it. Thank you for any help!

:D

2. DESNOS macrumors 6502

Touching and clicking are very different things. It would get rather annoying, very quickly. The iPod Touch doesn't have any sort of VNC server available anywhere so either way, it can't be done. Might be able to do it jailbroken, but like I said, I doubt it would be too usable.

3. CamCracker thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a jailbroken iTouch. I said that in the original post. And I also have Veency and Screensplitr installed. I don't mind that it wouldn't be usable. I just really want to do this. So any help would be appreciated.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Follow the instructions posted here. But run "./tcprelay.py -t 5900:5900" instead of "./tcprelay.py -t 22:2222" and connect your VNC viewer to 127.0.0.1.

5. CamCracker, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011

CamCracker thread starter macrumors newbie

What do you mean by "here"? Was there supposed to be a link? I'm sorry. Where do I run this command? In the terminal?

Running ./tcprelay.py -t 5900:5900 in terminal returns the error "No such file or directory" but somehow I think I'm missing something. Maybe there was supposed to be a link on your word "here"

6. CamCracker thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

8. CamCracker thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow! Thank you so much! This really worked! Thank you! My only problem is that when I enter an app, I can't do anything (can't click or use it) on my computer. Is there a way to fix this?