how do i convert my mp3 to aif for recycle???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nicooo, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Nicooo macrumors newbie

i dunno if this the right place to past this like as this a new thing to me but...

i recently just got propellorhead's reason & recycle for my macbook but i just completely lost on how to convert my mp3's to aif format ?:confused:

i know how to use recycle and all i had it on my pc and did it in music tech wa got gcse for:D so anyone who could just tell me how to convert it or any software i need

as i sed sorry if this in the wrong section =P

but many thanks to anyone who can help =)

oh fort i might as well add this... i have tried using toast 2 convert it and a program called switch but wen i end up converting it it just says corrupt file =S confusin me this is... am i defo tryin 2 use the right file format???

2. Babooshka macrumors 6502

Babooshka

Not sure about recycle and that, but a good audio converter is AudialHub, it converts into mp3, m4a, aif, wav, flac, ogg, wma, Apple Lossless and 3g file formats, and it converts from video to audio formats.

It's $18.81 (for some unfathomable reason), so there is a trial, and the limitation is you can only convert 60 seconds per file. I would buy it (and have), it's a brilliant piece of software.

3. Nicooo thread starter macrumors newbie

cheers mate =) i'll give it a shot so thanks a lot =)

4. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

You should be able to do it right from itunes. In your itunes prefs, select the import format to be aiff (instead of aac or mp3). Then just select the file you want and do Advanced -> convert file to aif.

I haven't tried it, but it should work fine.

5. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

The program Max might be able to do it too...free program.