How do I convince people to buy an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ucsdmac, Jul 23, 2008.

1. ucsdmac macrumors 6502

ucsdmac

I'm currently taking public speaking and I have to do a speech to persuade for my final. I decided to do mine on persuading people to buy an iphone. We did a questionnaire and it turns out the majority of people do not want to buy one because it is either too expensive or they are already on a long term contract with a different service provider. In those cases, how would you go about persuading them to buy an iphone? :)

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Wouldn't this technically be cheating on your final?

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

honestly, i'd pick a different topic. but if you're sticking to this one, i'd emphasize the internet in your pocket feature. everybody has a phone, and everyone has an ipod. what the iphone really offers is the "real internet" in your pocket and everywhere email in a slick user experience that can't be matched.

but again, i'd pick a different topic.

5. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

That's what I was thinking.

6. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

If you have issues with this topic, then you probably don't know enough about iPhone and shouldn't be using one.

7. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

So you're trying to convince people to purchase something they can't afford?(maybe going deeper into debt?) Tell them to stop eating so much, that will free up $30 extra a month. As for the ETF for leaving a provider early, I dunno. For $175 you could nearly buy another iPhone so...

You know what, I'd watch a couple of keynotes, and take notes as to how Steve Jobs sucks people into the RDF. There are videos on YouTube explaining the technique too.

In all honesty :p I'd choose a different topic.

8. jediistar macrumors 6502

Pick specific topics, like internet, attachments, email and then do a compare and contrast against various competitiors, blackberry, palm, windows mobile...this is actually a pretty simple argument to make. Whether or not its actually convincing is irrelevant. The right person speaking with the right facts could convince anyone of anything.

9. BigD58 macrumors regular

I would say that the iphone is a all in 1 device and is the future of technology. The iPhone is probly the best inventine since the macintosh. And as one of the above posters said I would also state that you have the full Internet in your pocket. Good luck on your final!:D

10. markgamber macrumors 6502

Isn't talking people into stuff they don't need for a price they can't afford the American way? Look at all the SUVs that never leave the street, never take a grade steeper than half a degree and never have more than one person in them. Or the $750,000 McMansions with two people in them and unfurnished room after unfurnished room. Paris Hilton. Hummer. I couldn't think of a more perfect topic than the iPhone. :D

11. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I don't convince people

They look at the phone and play with it and are convinced themselves