How do I create a zigzag/jagged edge in Photoshop?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Doju, Aug 22, 2012.

  1. Doju macrumors 68000

    Jun 16, 2008
    In Photoshop CS6, I'm curious how I would go about creating a jagged-edged border/zig-zag, similar to this:

    A lot of the tutorials I've seen have been about solid color extensions, but I'm looking for taking one side of an image, say just the bottom, and adding a zigzag edge to it.

    Thanks for any help;
  2. citizenzen, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012

    citizenzen macrumors 65816

    Mar 22, 2010
    If I needed to duplicate that effect, I'd create the shape in Illustrator and export the file as a psd.

    The steps in between 2 and 3 involve selecting the extra points, deleting and rejoining them.

    Attached Files:

Share This Page