Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ihavefriends

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2012
I carry an Iphone that has 350 plus names and addresses in it. Those names and addresses are not anywhere else other than in Icloud. I need to create folders on the Iphone to put contact lists, so that I don't have-to hunt and peck for each entry to send emails or text messages. The work around listed on the web is to create the folders in your PC Address Book Contacts, then sync with the Iphone. Two problems there: 1 - the contacts are on the phone, not the PC and Iphone will not push back from the phone to the PC and 2 - you must be using a much newer version of Windows Address Book than I have [XP]. If I create a Gmail account and try to push the contacts that are on the Phone to that, Gmail doe not have all of the same fields as Iphone and some of the information gets jumbled. Any good suggestion? Thanks!

ihavefriends

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2012
How Do I Create Contacts Folders. Got it !!

Never try to re-invent the wheel. Spent two weeks trying to figure this one out. Thanks jman240. You hit the nail on the head!! Now to add an additional tip to jman240's answer, I have found that if you download the app "Speed Names" you can text or email the Group all at once. Thanks ya'll !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.