how do i create folders and forldes ina folder in iTumes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sundance2007, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Sundance2007 macrumors regular

I have a series of 8 language CD I want to import to iTunes. I want a main folder or album and then within that folder I want a folder for each CD so I don't get 500 files that are not related as they are on the individual CD's. Can I do this in iTunes, how do i do this in iTunes?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

3. Sundance2007 thread starter macrumors regular

Not sure as I do not use iTunes a lot so I am not sure what play lists do. If it would create a main title and then sub titles with the individual audio files in it then it might work.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Apple has a quick video tutorial for Playlists, it should hopefully give you enough info to determine if it will be of help.

5. Sundance2007 thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, doesn't do what I want, if I drag two albums over it lists them as one big list, not in the album/folder format.

I have found a stop gap way to at least be able to recognize them and that is to add CD1, CD2 and so on to the beginning of the title. Not what I want, but workable till someone has a better ides or I find something better than iTunes to do this with. I really do not like iTunes but there isn't much else out there.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.