How do I create simple flash movies?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by majordude, Jul 7, 2007.

1. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I want to create a simple flash movie (I don't yet own or know how to use Adobe Flash).

Pretty flowers in the background, inspirational music, passages from the Bible or something fading in an out... you know the schtick.

Maybe convert it to a screen saver.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

2. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

Sorry I don't know either , but IOM getting the "Flash for Dummies" book would be a good first step. (after getting the software of course ..:cool: )

3. mania macrumors member

I think youtube creates a flash movie for you automatically if you upload a quicktime. you did not state your intended purpose so its hard to say how you should proceed.

4. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

I want to make something like this (don't ask why!):

http://www.inspiringthots.net/movie/breath-away.php

5. larkost macrumors 6502a

Apple's Keynote would be a good choice for this. You can make up your presentation as you want, including most animations/transitions, and then export the whole thing as a Flash movie. It will even produce the companion html file for you.

6. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

Thanks. That was more what was looking for. I need the tool to create the art... not the conversion software. Keynote might fit the bill.

7. lourecine macrumors newbie

I have 1work 09 any work arounds

I have iwork 09 any work arounds

8. carryh macrumors newbie

Wow. I wasn't aware that Apple is on such a bad backwards trend. If you don't mins telling what versions you used I'd like to gat the same cause on my current (latest) model I have no Flash export option. (only a "Quicktime movie" which is NOT a flash!)

Besides, try tho export a small size movie and have look at the utmost disgusting quality Apple produces for this kind AND the ultra high file size, then you'd very quickly move away from that idea.