Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Manok101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2014
Ok so my query works like this: Select album, or composer or whatever that contains a,b and c. From that list only grab the albums that do not have x, y or z. It seems like it should be simple but I can't figure it out when I do it it returns everything in my music library that is not x, y, or z, or if I do all with the first part it gets back no matches. I will be forever grateful if someone can figure this out for me!

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
The rules must either be "All" or "Any" which makes it difficult to be specific. If you want two artists, you'd have to use "Any" which makes further narrowing down of results impossible as added conditions will only increase the number of songs in the playlist.

There are more possibilities if you're in iTunes on the Mac since you can put multiple smart playlists into a Playlist Folder, select the folder and play the combined playlists. Doesn't work like that in iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.