How do I delay mail from being sent ?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ppthepom, Jan 28, 2009.

1. ppthepom macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me how I can delay mail being sent. I am a recent convert from Outlook.... Outlook as the ability to put the mail in the outbox and then I tell it when I want to Send & Receive. I find this very useful. How do I get my mac to do this? I have searched the preferences but found nothing. It seems like such a simple request...

Some other questions re: mail.
    On the top line in mail where the headings are: From, Subject, Date Received. How do I add Size to the list or any other heading- Are there others?
    Also What is the 'Speech Bubble' icon signify on that some line?

How do I click on a mail message in mail to delete it Without it opening the message. Or opening the one underneath it.

Thank you!

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

That the contact that sent that mail is online in iChat.

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I don't have my Mac in front of me, but you should be able to hide the preview pane. I think it's under the View menu option.

4. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Hmm. Could try taking your mailbox offline, then go online when you want to send (Mailbox - Take All Accounts Offline). It's not really equivalent to Outlook's Send/Receive though.

View - Columns.

Remove the preview pane by double-clicking on the dividing line between the email and the message list above. There isn't a command in the View menu for this, but there should be as it's not very intuitive.

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can also just drag the message to the Trash.