How do I delete a partition in Time Machine?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macswitcha2, Feb 28, 2011.

1. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

I used Carbon Copy Cloner to make a clone of my emac drive on to another mac from Time Machine via Target Mode (I partitioned my 1 TB external Hard Drive to back up the emac). Now, since I've made a clone of the emac drive on to another mac, I want to delete the emac partition on my external drive so I can get some space back.

Can anyone who knows exactly what to do leave instructions or post a link where step by step instructions are given?

2. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

ok, I managed to delete the emac partition via disk utility but now I have a blank space that I can't use. I'm trying to increase the size of my iMac partition but don't know how this is done.

3. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Not at all. I'm only able to resize the partition that I don't want to resize. My external Hard Drive was formatted into three partitions, one for my iMac, one for my Macbook, and the other for my emac. I deleted the emac partition and now have space between my macbook and my iMac partition. The only thing I can resize to gain from the space is the macbook partition, not the iMac. I want the iMac to benefit not the macbook.

4. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant