How do I delete another users Mac App Store Account?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by smoosh18, Sep 21, 2013.

1. smoosh18 macrumors newbie

About a year ago my brother-in-law was browsing through my MacBook Air and didn't like the fact that I hadn't upgraded to the newest OS X at the time. He then took it upon himself to purchase the OS X which was totally fine :) until a few weeks went by and I had some updates but could not update them. Turns out instead of just buying the new OS X under my iTunes id, he had signed me out and logged himself in so I needed his password to make the updates. I called my brother-in-law to let him know what had happened, and he ended up giving me the password so I could make updates. Unfortunately, he and my sister have since split and when I received an update a couple of days ago I couldn't make the updates as he has changed the password. I can't get a hold of him, and I really do not want to get his password again especially under the circumstances. Today I purchased the new OS X 10.8.5 and updated everything, but my App Store still shows I have 2 updates under his user id one for the iPhoto and the other for the Cloud Printer. Can someone please, please, please help me get this off!!! Thank you!

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

The only way you are going to get this fixed is to contact Itunes support...www.apple.com/itunes they will be able to remove those purchases and his account remnants on your Mac, hopefully without you having to re-install OSX.....Hindsight is great, but I'd never let anybody use their account on any of my devices.