How do I determine if "Keyboard Clicks" is on or off

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by tmeehan, Sep 12, 2009.

1. tmeehan macrumors newbie

I am developing an app that has it's own keyClicks setting. It actually clicks on all button taps as well as other things. The problem is if the user has enabled "Keyboard Clicks" in the system settings, I get 2 clicks for each key that is clicked. I figured I would just check to see if the system Keyboard Clicks was enabled, if so I would not provide a click of my own. Sounds simple (and probably is) but I can figure out how to determine state of Keyboard Clicks in the system settings.

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. mccannmarc macrumors 6502

mccannmarc

I don't think you're gunna have much luck attempting this in the official SDK I'm afraid. If you are on a jailbroken device I think there is a key in sounds.plist that will be exactly what you need, it is way outside the apps sandbox though and will most definitely get your app rejected if you access it.

To be honest I imagine your app will get rejected by trying to make sounds on keyboard clicks, I may be wrong but they would probably reject it on the grounds of mimicking existing functionality.