Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
First before you say this is wrong I don't drive. Don't know how and never wanted to learn. I am always the passenger.

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
I had to run through the setup when it prompted, then go to settings, Do Not Disturb and then reset it to manually in order for it to disable.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
It’s opt-in, you shouldn’t have to do anything.

But if it’s happening to you, go to “Do Not Disturb” settings and switch do not disturb while driving to “activate manually”

Reactions: Apple_Robert

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
It’s opt-in, you shouldn’t have to do anything.

But if it’s happening to you, go to “Do Not Disturb” settings and switch do not disturb while driving to “activate manually”
It's not really opt-in, it prompts you to set it up when it connects to your cars Bluetooth. If you state Not Now and skip it, it will auto turn on anyway and keeps prompting you to set it up everytime. You have to go through the prompts and then go back to settings and opt-out.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
It's not really opt-in, it prompts you to set it up when it connects to your cars Bluetooth. If you state Not Now and skip it, it will auto turn on anyway and keeps prompting you to set it up everytime. You have to go through the prompts and then go back to settings and opt-out.
Strange, I stopped getting those prompts and my settings say manually, and I’ve never even touched the settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.