How do I disable icons from menubar like dropbox, adobe update check?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crackstein, Nov 9, 2010.

1. crackstein macrumors member

crackstein

How do I remove them from menu bar? I just want sound icon, battery icon and wireless icon. Help!

2. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

A lot of then can be removed by holding command and dragging them off the bar.

Edit: for some reason, whenever I post something here and I'm not at a computer to test it, I doubt my response, so I'm 90% sure this is how you do it for most 3rd party icons. I may be wrong with the comman key part

3. crackstein, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010

crackstein thread starter macrumors member

crackstein

What is your note taking application for Mac?

I am searching application which would let me save different grammar rules, usages and their explanation with Mac style user interface. I hate TextEdit. Do you have any application which would let me do it?

4. davidlv macrumors 65816

Nope, not wrong (this time anyway), you are 100% right. Command key, drag and drop-off it is. :cool:
    Some apps have a "display icon on menu bar" (or something similar) option in the preferences you can turn on/off too.

5. davidlv macrumors 65816

If you are searching for an application, why not go to
    http://www.macupdate.com/ :cool::apple::cool:
    and type "text edit" in the search field. Lots of free editors available to try.