How do I disassemble a Minimax?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by supersolid, Apr 2, 2009.

1. supersolid macrumors newbie

One ended up in my hands after a recording gig. I have a mac pro with some extra slots, and would be better suited to mount the drive.

Can't for the life of me figure out how to pop the case...or if its a SATA drive for that matter. Iomega wont even tell me on their product overview! What kind of mickey mouse enclosure is this anyhow?

Addtl info:
    500GB model, USB+FW400.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

Why would Iomega tell you how to open an enclosure that they never intended to be opened by anyone other than them? Especially when doing so will most likely void your warranty.

3. supersolid thread starter macrumors newbie

brand,

Because if you pay for the external HD, you should have relatively easy access to the HD inside. You should at the very least know from the product website what kind of HD they're giving you.

When you order a Mac, they don't hide info regarding your GPU or your hard drives. Why should an enclosure company? At least specify whether the hard drive they employ utilizes a SATA or PATA connection.

*Anyway* any help would be much appreciated re: the original question. Thanks.