iPad How do I disassociate a sold iPad from my Apple ID?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Oct 8, 2013.

1. bobright macrumors 601

It's been a while since I sold one of my devices but I remember being able to see what devices were tied to my account and was then able to delete them, how do I do this?

2. big samm macrumors 65816

In itunes go in my account and you should see all devices associated with your account and from there you can delete any devices you wish!

3. ApfelKuchen, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013

ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

There are two "associations" possible for the computer.

1) Associated (Manage Devices): to play content purchased with your Apple ID (up to 10 computers and iOS devices). These can be removed in iTunes on your computer: Open iTunes Store, select Account in the Quick Links section. Find Manage Devices in the iTunes in the Cloud section.

2) Computer Authorizations - 5 computers maximum per account - there are two ways to remove an authorization: Deauthorize the computer using the iTunes software installed on that computer OR Deauthorize All computers (this is what you'd have to use if you no longer have access to the computer).

To deauthorize a single computer (when you have access to it) - open iTunes on that computer > Store drop-down menu > Deauthorize this computer

To deauthorize all computers (when you do not have access to one or more computers): Open iTunes on your computer. Open the iTunes Store, select Account in the Quick Links section, Select Deauthorize All in the Apple ID Summary section. NOTE: You can only Deauthorize All once a year. As long as you haven't reached your maximum of 5, it's probably best to wait on this until you really need to do it (if ever). Just remember to Deauthorize before you dispose of your computers from now on.

After Deauthorize All you have to Authorize the computers you still have. iTunes > Store drop-down menu > Authorize this computer...

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Anither possible way. Go to iCloud.com, log in with your Apple ID, open Find My iPhone, click All Devices. There is an option in there somewhere to remove a device from your account.

5. bobright, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013

bobright thread starter macrumors 601

This is what I was talking about will check it out. Thanks for the other suggestions guys I actually did those methods within iTunes strangely it didn't show my iPad associated there, it does show my iPhone 5 though.

Edit: it isn't showing up under iCloud> Find my iPhone either anybody know why?! I guess I have nothing to worry about the device has been sold and shipped just wanted to remove it from my ID completely.