How do I do a quad split?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by rotarypower101, Dec 28, 2011.

1. rotarypower101 macrumors regular

rotarypower101

How do I do a quad split?

I have found this thread, but it does not seem very applicable with newer versions of FC.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=124339&highlight=quad+split

Just trying to make a split screen/quad split screen, and sync the audio from all four,
    which I believe I can use the Clip > Synchronize Clip to match up all the different timelines.

Then I would like to cycle between each of the 4 audio tracks if possible while maintaining the quad split.

Is there any way to complement the video feed with currently playing audio by highlighting the current video output track, either by a highlighted ring or a slight expansion of the videos proportion in the quad split?

TIA

Is there perhaps a different terminology I should be using as search criterion?

2. simsaladimbamba

3. cgbier macrumors 6502a

Can easily done with keyframing on the audio side. Boarders aren't built into FCP X anymore to my knowledge, but you can build a custom background that you just size to taste with keyframes.
    Motion is better suited to build a project like that (makes it easier).

4. rotarypower101, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011

rotarypower101 thread starter macrumors regular

rotarypower101

FCP10

I am still a beginner however.
    I have read the entire manual, but it does not deal specifically with a quad split and all the tutorials I find on a quad split are for woefully outdated versions of FCP

5. cgbier macrumors 6502a

It's actually pretty simple. Synchronizing your footage creates a Compound Clip. Open this clip, scale and position the single tracks in the Inspector. Workflow is about the same as in FCP Classic.