How do I downgrade my 3.1.3 3GS to 3.1.2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by helloimD4NNY, Apr 21, 2010.

1. helloimD4NNY macrumors regular

I haven't been on these forums in a while so i've lost touch with my inner tech-geek. Also sorry for the other two threads i've made, once again I haven't been on in a while.

Now back on topic. I want to JB my 3GS to get apps from Cydia but am currently running 3.1.3, which as you know, cannot be jailbroken. I went to http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750 to download 3.1.2 for the 3GS but would appreciate a little help on what to do next. (I'm doing all of this on a MBP)

Also, you CAN JB on 3.1.2, right?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

sorry

if you phone hasn't been previously jb and your info isn't saved via cydia or your computer you can not downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 on a 3GS right now. and nobody know when for sure. for more info see the link below on my signature below upgraded to 3.1.3 now what? ;) the 3GS will not let you downgrade unless ssh hack it. but again you have to be previously jb!

3. helloimD4NNY thread starter macrumors regular

I've jailbroken my iPhone before though it wasn't on this MBP or this iPhone. What do you mean by info saved on Cydia?

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

sorry

has to be on the 3GS you are trying to hack, again read the link for more info more info on hacking it this hack only works if you have JB your device before and took proper steps that Dev-team talked about with the 1st 3.0 jb for the 3gs

http://www.ihackintosh.com/2010/02/downgrade-iphone-3gs-os-3-1-3-to-3-1-2-with-cydia-shsh/

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So did you JB that particular iphone before and if you did you clicked make my life easier on Cydia?
    If not you cannot downgrade a 3GS that doesnt have its 3.1.2 SHSHs saved either locally or thru cydias server.