How do I downgrade my iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by alexbreen, Feb 20, 2012.

1. alexbreen macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 2G and 3G that I am keeping as antiques, I thought it would be cool for them to have there original software on them, is there a way to do this? The 2G has iPhone OS 3.1.3 and the 3G HAS IOS 4.1.2 thanks

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Downgrade to what iOS? You'll need the ipsw files and earlier version of iTunes.

3. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

the ipsw files aren't what's difficult to find... a quick google will get you pretty much any file you want.

The problem is you need SHSH blobs saved for those devices on those firmwares in order to install that firmware version.

Apple doesn't sign old firmware versions anymore, so the only way to get those firmwares on device is to have the SHSH saved and "trick" iTunes into accepting them and not looking to apple's servers to get the firmware signed.

Basically, if you don't already know this, it's too late and you are screwed. You will never get those back to their original firmwares at this point.

4. Happy3ger macrumors newbie

I can't downgrade my iPhone3G from IOS4 to 3.3

Ha , well I went thru' DFU instructions and downloaded IOS 3.3 IPSW on Camino but couldn't open it!! Then I find that as i have iTunes 10 I can't get it to accept a lower version IOS even if I could open it......am i missing something here?