How do I download an mp3 from the web directly into iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sillyrabbitt, Mar 14, 2011.

1. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

I figured out there are a bunch of apps out there that will allow me to download an mp3 file from the web. I also found a browser called mercury that will allow this too. Which is all good but how do I get that audio file into iTunes so I can listen to the file and browse the web at the same time? If I try to leave say mercury browser when listening to the audio file it shuts the audio file off once I try to leave that app.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

You can't transfer it to iTunes from your iPad.

3. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

Is there anyway to play the file in the background while doing other activities on the iPad? That's the problem I can download the file and get it to play I just cannot do anything else at the same time.

Thanks for the help.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

the app itself would have to support multitasking in order for the audio to continue when you switch to a different app.

I'm not really sure of which browsers/apps support this.

5. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

This is one of the "joys" of iOS devices. If you want to get something into iTunes on the device, you better hope it is in the iTunes store. Otherwise, you need to wait until you are at your desktop & can import it into iTunes from there.

6. BrennerM macrumors regular

GoodReader plays some audio files and it will play them in the background after you switch away from the app. Not really the intended purpose of the app, but it worked for me on an M4A (AAC) file.

7. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks all for the information!!

When you say "some" not all files? Do you know what it depends on?

thanks!

8. sillyrabbitt thread starter macrumors 6502

So I bought goodreader today! its an awesome app. It does play the .mp3 I need it to in the background so its great. Trying to figure out what other features I need and should read up on. Any you can recommend?

I tried to transfer files wifi but I cannot seem to get it to work.

thanks